Protecting our plants from invasive pets and diseases is far better than trying to fix the problem later.
Frequently asked questions
How do I dispose of prunings?
- After pruning pick up all the pieces you have cut off and all the dead leaves. These can be placed into the recycling bins
- Remove any old mummified fruit and place in the green waste. Don't put it into your own compost heap it probably wont get hot enough to kill and pests and diseases that may be in the fruits.
What do I spray with after pruning deciduous shrubs, fruit trees and roses?
There are two products we can use, both safe. I prefer to use them separately
All seasons spraying oil.
- Always read the directions on the bottle
- This is one of the best products on the market and one of the easiest to use.
- Measure out the quantity required for your sprayer and fill with water and apply.
- Throughly cover the remaining stems on the shrub to ensure every part of the plant is covered.
- You might want to repeat this twice before spring growth occurs.
- Use this link to find out more All Seasons Spraying oil
- Always read the directions
- Controls a wide range of fungal and bacterial diseases on fruit, vegetables and ornamentals.
- This is a powder so take care and mix according to the directions on the packet.
- Throughly spray the plants getting to every part of the plant.
- You can spray this twice if necessary
- Use this link to find out more Copper oxychloride