Saturday, March 20, 2010

Vertical Lawn/Meadow

The Christchurch festival of Flowers commissioned several new installations this year.

One was this fantastic Vertical lawn/meadow.

Once the research and Development was complete special fabric was coated with grass seed and wild flower seed and grown in a greenhouse.

A large vertical scaffold was constructed and at the beginning of the Festival the Vertical Lawn installed. In typical Kiwi Fashion a lawn mower was added to the installation. 

The building in the background is the famous Canterbury Museum.







The pictures tell the story well.


Thanks for all the Comments

4 comments:

BernieH said...

Wow ... now that's a fantastic sight!

Jim Groble said...

That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Bravo! jim

Noel Morata said...

i love it...very creative piece!

Jan Johnsen said...

I love it! I added your link to my blog
www.serenityinthegarden.blogspot.com

and I wrote about your entry in my blog today...vertical meadows..now that lawn mowing service is a niche market for sure.