· Lay mouse and rodent poison in places where they are likely to seek warmth over the winter
· Block up openings around pipes to seal house and stop mice.
· Wash down house quickly with water to get rid of summer grime.
· Check windows and doors are tight fitting for winter.
· Use draft stoppers at the bottom of doors to retain heat and stop draughts.
· Cut back plants growing against the house especially on the shady side so it will dry out and help keep the house warm.
· Dig up and shift larger plants away from the house.